Flying from Kayseri Airport to Milas-Bodrum Airport requires connecting in Istanbul, and upon landing, an hour-long drive to Yalikavak awaits me. Yalikavak is a small, exclusive village in the Bodrum Peninsula, the “French Riviera” [...]
The components of a perfect day:Shopping Massage Good food Warm weather SERINN HOUSE
At breakfast (a pancake-like item that Serinn House makes to order) I tell Eren about the necklaces [...]
My Cappadocia explorations begin at Goreme. Per Lonely Planet:
Surrounded by epic sweeps of lunarscape valleys, the remarkable honey-coloured village of Goreme, hollowed out of the hills, may have long since grown out of [...]
I don’t recall why I booked my flight from Istanbul into Keysari, as the Nevsehir airport is actually closer to the heart of Cappadocia. I head to the Budget car rental counter only to [...]
“But what about the war?” asks an ill-informed friend, referring to my upcoming visit to Turkey.
“You mean the Turkey protests?” I ask.
The Turks have been protesting against their government this summer, [...]
I used to consider all Marriott Hotels bland and unvaried: seemed like every guest room at every property was decorated in the same flyover state decor of green carpet, rose and [...]
I cannot think of a more iconic city than London. Paris has the Eiffel Tower and Rome boasts the Coliseum but the two capitols can’t trump London’s black beetle cabs, famous clocktower, red-coated [...]
Obviously not having seen all of the London churches I can’t legitimately claim that the churches below are the most picturesque London churches (although I suspect no one would dispute my claim for [...]
- INDULGENT STAY AT 4REASONS HOTEL, BODRUM
- A PERFECT DAY in URGUP, CAPPADOCIA
- EXPLORING CAPPADOCIA: GOREME, UCHISAR and BEYOND
- CAPPADOCIA HOT AIR BALLOON RIDE at DAWN
- SERINN HOUSE, a BOUTIQUE CAPPADOCIA CAVE HOTEL
- INDULGENT STAY AT 4REASONS HOTEL, BODRUM - esme travels: […] typically reserve one day each trip for ...
- SERINN HOUSE, a BOUTIQUE CAPPADOCIA CAVE HOTEL - esme travels: […] no fewer than 18 five-bubble rated hotel...
- TURKEY PROTESTS, TURKEY PROTESTATIONS - esme travels: […] in my case, it’s almost always som...
- ST. ERMIN'S HOTEL, MARRIOTT AUTOGRAPH COLLECTION - esme travels: […] when I visit Detroit (monthly) I stay on...
- POSH LONDON for the WELL-HEELED TRAVELER - esme travels: […] to London, I was compelled to return to ...