Travel fashion can be a tricky business, a sticky wicket. It’s not always easy knowing what’s démodé in Dubrovnik or au courant in Austria. Our senior travel fashion correspondent in the field provides some helpful dos [...]
I sought to answer two questions at the onset of this trip to Myanmar:
1) Is it possible to (successfully) book your own Myanmar trip without using an agency?
2) Is Myanmar in the [...]
Monsoon Restaurant entry from Lonely Planet:
Located in an airy colonial town house, Monsoon is a good option for those intimidated by Yangon’s more authentic options.
That sounds perfect! Having come to terms [...]
My flight doesn’t depart until 1:00 tonight (tomorrow morning, technically), giving me 17 hours to kill in Yangon today. Not an easy task.STREETS OF YANGON
Although I found major Yangon roads [...]
Yangon is kind of a dump.TRADERS HOTEL YANGON
I have a statistically-improbable history of natural disasters and/or violence erupting in my chosen destination shortly before my vacation. This time, a bomb exploded in [...]
My Canon Powershot screen is shattered. Which is doubly unfortunate since I’ve visiting the village of Inthein today, which may very well prove to be one of the most scenic parts of this [...]
I awake with a headache. Malaria! There’s no other explanation.BAGAN TEMPLE EXPLORATIONS: DAY ONE
I coast from dusty road to dusty road, Bagan temple to Bagan temple, no strategy or plan, which is a departure for me. [...]
The Bagan Archeological Zone consists of one city, two towns, several villages and greater than 3,000 temples.
The Blue Bird Hotel, where I’m staying, sits outside the town [...]
- TRAVEL FASHION TIPS from AROUND the WORLD
- MYANMAR CONCLUSIONS and CONFESSIONS
- MONSOON RESTAURANT, POMELO & GALLERY BAR
- SHWEDAGON PAGODA (and other Yangon sights)
- YANGON and MYANMAR AUTHENTICITY
- Esme: Hi Andrew, fellow INTJ -- Thank you for the compl...
- Andrew: Hi Esme I stumbled across your blog when resear...
- Esme: Hi Iga -- Thank you. It's difficult for me to a...
- Iga: Hi Esme, What a wonderful series on Peru, love ...
- EPILOGUE: MY TRAVEL LUCK RAN OUT - esme travels: […] Trust your travel intuition […]...