Just as I suspected… The man behind the front desk tells me that only one practical route from Dana to Petra exists, and that’s through Wadi Namla. According to my Lonely Planet, [...]
Feynan Ecolodge is an oasis of hospitality found within the Dana Biosphere Reserve, Jordan’s largest nature reserve and home to hundreds of species of flora and fauna, [...]
I emerge from Customs — Jordan visa in hand (finally) — and Mohammed, an angel sent from the Marriott Dead Sea Resort, awaits me. Thank you thank you thank you. I don’t [...]
The airport shuttle stops at a security checkpoint midway between Jerusalem and Ben Gurion Airport. The guard glances into our packed bus and waves us on, we accelerate.
BAM! My body strains against [...]
I need to see a man about a visa.
I’ve never taken a neshar/sherut, but I’m familiar with the concept. It’s a shared van between set destinations, that departs when it fills rather than [...]
FIRST ISRAEL & JORDAN SERIES POST
Nothing is ever easy.
Obtaining a Jordan visa, for example. I’m flying to Israel this spring, visiting Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, then crossing over to Jordan and working my [...]
I expected amazing food and beer from Brussels, and it delivered, but I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of my Brussels photos. They reflect expressions of odd and quirky humor that I found throughout the capital. [...]
Chicago is a world-class city: groundbreaking architecture, Michelin-rated restaurants, 5-star shopping and The Wiener’s Circle! But, best of all, Chicago is a walking city. Here’s one of the The Windy City’s best treks: a one-hour [...]
- CROSSING WADI NAMLA: NOTHING IS EVER EASY
- HOW TO HANG WITH THE BEDOUIN
- RETURN TO NATURE AT FEYNAN ECOLODGE
- RECLAIMING YOUTH at the MARRIOTT DEAD SEA RESORT
- INTERROGATION at BEN GURION AIRPORT
- Esme: Thanks, Lee. It was $55 USD for 8 hours. It could...
- Lee: Can I confirm that you paid USD55 for Llama Taxi f...
- FUN AT THE JORDAN EMBASSY IN TEL AVIV - esme travels: […] Jordan is primarily a Muslim country, th...
- Esme: Thank you, Aditya. Sri Lanka deserves the dedicati...
- Aditya Goel: Lovely post. I am finding it hard to recall when I...